I always have a specific thing that’s opulent about the restaurants I pick to review besides the food and aesthetics. Most times it’s just the way the name is pronounced, what it means and how it resonates with me.
With my intense focus on the hopes of living in Europe some day, you’d understand why I found the name La Taverna very indulging.
Located on the 5th floor of statement hotel, central business district,
Contact Information For Reservations
Unfortunately I don’t have the exact details pertaining their opening and closing hours as it is not stated anywhere on the restaurant’s description.
What I Ordered
I ordered the grilled chicken salad for N 3,500with a bottle of white Mapu wine for N 6,000. My companion Dante had about thesame bowl of salad as-well accompanied with a basket of complementary bread with chilli sauce.
The dressing for the salad was a veritable recipe with such satisfactory blend. I enjoyed it so much I requested for more.
Our meal in total cost was N 13,500
- It is located where it’s very easy to find.
- The ambiance and aesthetic have the feel of a little European cottage in Africa, specifically Nigeria.
- The restaurant is stocked with pretty decent variety of wine from robust red to a riesling white.
- Their staff is well trained, very effective and polite. The lady that served us was exceptionally sweet, Her name is Gladys.( she deserves
“employee of the month in mybooks”)
- Although we were given permission to shoot my content with a digital camera, management however made our stay very uneasy by frantically pacing around us and asking us how much longer we were going to be creating despite the fact we were the only ones present. I didn’t quite like that very much considering how much we were already spending and could be spending. Honestly I don’t think making your customers uneasy is a smart way of getting them to spend more money. And the craziest part is the fact that we were literally the only ones in the restaurant.
- Cost for a full course meal is not cheap.
My Dinning Experience
Regardless of the mini-hurdle, my meal was extremely appetizing and service was canny.
I’d give it a 3-star rating,
1 -star for the meal.
1 -star for the decor.
1 -star for services, they were really professional and polite.
Will I be visiting this place again? – Totally.
But I can’t say if a bowl of salad is enough to rate it more or less. I do intend to visit the place multiple times (without a digital camera of course) for the adventure of enjoying some real Spanish meals and I promise to update this rating accordingly.
Quickie: It still beats me when managers or owners of such establishments treat creatives in a such a cynical manner, considering that we are at your place spending our money and offering you free publicity and advertisement with our creative photos and reviews. I mean we are basically giving you such value which we charge similar establishments a lot for, to you for free.
Anyways I look forward to hearing your experiences and what meals you choose to try.
Please don’t forget to support this blog by liking, commenting and/or resharing this post or any other with your friends and loved ones.
Until another share,