I’ve had this post in my draft for a while now, since the first week of March, it was from my trip to Lagos in February, of course due to my procrastination in writing, I couldn’t finish the post until the COVID-19 Lockdown occurred and suddenly the post was inappropriate for the timing.
Alas sometime Monday night, @nkechireviews puts up a post which shows Lagos State’s preparation thus far in anticipation of reopening the airport, captioned;
” So who feels reassured to book a flight once the airlines confirm they’re ready for you?”
Honestly, if I have to be somewhere that requires me to travel once the airlines are ready for the world of “post COVID-19 lockdown”, Then I’d definitely book that ticket. And if Lagos is my destination, then why wouldn’t I want to have breakfast at Cactus Restaurant?
Cactus Restaurant was originally a simple bakery,that grew to be the home of Italian gelato and a lavish restaurant that serves wholesome breakfast, with huge variety of bountiful meals.
It is Located on 20/24 Ozumba Mbadiwe Way, Victoria Island,
Lagos – Nigeria.
Contact Information For Reservation
0802 777 7666
They are open everyday of the week, but serving of breakfast meals stops at 12:00noon.
What I Ordered
I ordered the English breakfast, it had 3 fried eggs, served with bacon, sausages, baked beans, grilled vegetables and hash-browns (But I requested for fried plantain in place of hash browns), I got a complementary toast and apple-juice to balance my meal.
Cost of my meal in total was N4,800
Likpo had chicken with a dipping sauce that had a tangy taste, I didn’t quite like the sauce.
We were later joined by my two best-friends from High School, Cynthia and Rita, whom I’d not seen for 6 years & 15years respectively.They both had burgers.one cactus classic burger and the other seafood burger.
- Ambiance/ Scenery is top notch. It had a vibe that felt like I was visiting a restaurant abroad.
- Portion size for meals were quite generous.
- Good looking, neatly and properly dressed staff were well positioned to attend to customers with so much cheer and delight.
- If you sit outside by the balcony, you’d enjoy the beauty of the waterside and get to watch other people going on boat cruise.
- They have a boat cruise available with an easily accessible food-truck.
- They also have a fun menu for kids.
- I love how luxurious the restaurant is, but I live in Abuja and it’s all the way in Lagos (ABUJA certainly deserves a branch).
My Dinning Experience
Everything for me was perfect, so I’d say it earned 4 -stars.
Quickie: Read about staples you need to turn your regular Jean and white shirt into a styleinspo
I look forward to being able to sit and eat at a restaurant again, and Cactus is definitely a must-visit, one that has to be done over and over again, so if you live in Lagos, and you’re yet to visit this spot – You’re welcome ✨
Don’t hesitate to tag me when you do visit.
Photography: iphone 11
Your likes and comments are very valuable to the growth this blog, please show some love.
Thank you in anticipation of your positive response.
Until another share…